Safe All Remote Brake Assist
Preserve your brakes, improve your stopping distance and maintain safety while towing heavy-duty trucks with the Remote Brake Assist, formerly known as the Brake-Buddy. Secured inside the cab of the disabled vehicle, this supplemental brake actuator works in tandem with the tow truck and helps keep you in compliance with federal law.
According to federal regulations, combination vehicles in a towaway operation must be able to decelerate at a rate of 14 ft/sec and, from a speed of 20 mph, be able to stop within 35 feet or less (Sec. 393.52 FMCSR). The Remote Brake Assist helps meet this requirement by applying brake pressure to the casualty at the same time the wrecker begins to brake.
• Works with both air and hydraulic brakes
• Reduces stopping distance
• Improves FMCSR compliance
• Powder-coated safety orange
• Safety decal and instructions included
• Proper training required
• Operates with air supplied from wrecker
• Air hoses not included
• Steering wheel lock required